Instant Masala Appe/ Paniyaram
How to make Idli/Dosa Batter
- Suji (semolina) – 1.5 cups
- Curd – 1 cup
- Roasted Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Chopped capsicum – ½ cup
- Chopped carrots – ½ cup
- Chopped ginger – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Eno – 1 sachet
- Oil – 2 tsp
- In a bowl mix semolina, mustard seeds and curd. Keep this mixture for 1 hour for fermentation.
- Add all vegetables and salt into the mixture. Add little water if the batter is too thick. The consistency of the batter should be like that of idli batter.
- Add eno sachet in the fermented batter. Heat Appe patran or Appe pan on a medium flame. Add little oil in each section of Appe pan. With the help of a spoon pour the Appe batter in each section.
- Cover the pan with the lid or plate and allow to cook for 2 min. Once cooked, turn the side of Appe with help of a knife or spoon. Cook the other side for another 2 min.
- Once the Appe turns golden brown from both sides and raise like a cute small ball, it is ready to serve. Serve hot in shape of a flower with tomato ketchup or coconut chutney.
My Tip: Add as many veggies as you want to make this dish even more healthier.