How To Make Mango Sushi (sweet & sticky coconut rice with mango)
This dish is combination of two cuisines. First of thai cuisine, is sticky coconut rice wih mango & other one is Japanese sushi.(I have rolled it like Sushi). Idea courtesy cookery show on TV.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time40mins
Key ingredients for Mango Sushi (sweet & sticky coconut rice with mango)
How to make Coconut Milk
Ingredients to make Mango Sushi (sweet & sticky coconut rice with mango)
- Rice 1/2 cup
- Hapoos mango 1(half to be cut into pieces & half for sauce)
- Coconut milk 4-5 tsp
- Sugar 4-5 tsp
- Cornflour 2 tsp
- Coconut essence 2 drops
- Mango puree of half mango
- Mint leaves to garnish
Steps to make Mango Sushi (sweet & sticky coconut rice with mango)
- First soak rice for about half an hour. Cook it. When about 80% done, add sugar & coconut milk.
- Rice should be of sticky consistency. Don't drain water from rice. Cool it. keep aside. Add coconut essence.
- Mango sauce: In a pan put mango puree. Add sugar.
- Add cornflour which is diluted in water. Stir it continuously with a whisk so that no lumps are formed.
- When it is of pouring consistency. Cool it.
- Now Assemble : Take a thin plastic table mat (actually to roll sushi Nori is used).
- Spread cling film on it. Spread cooked rice with spatula or with wet hands evenly over it
- Now on cooked rice, spread chopped mango pieces vertically by keeping it in the centre.
- Don't overfill it. Now lift & roll mat. Roll & twist rice & mango roll tightly in the cling wrap.
- Keep it in fridge for about 24 hours. Take out from fridge and remove cling film. Cut into thick pieces.
- Place them in serving plate. Drizzle mango sauce over it.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves. Enjoy chilled.
My Tip: If you wish, serve it with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. It tastes yum.