How To Make Spicy Garlic Tofu in 10 minutes
A truly fancy, delicious, restaurant style, vegan dish that is cooked in 10 minutes. This is a recipe which will come to your rescue when you haven’t planned any meal on a week day.
- Prep Time4mins
- Cook Time6mins
Ingredients to make Spicy Garlic Tofu in 10 minutes
- Tofu 500 grams (Extra firm) (Chopped to bite size cube pieces)
- Garlic 7-8 cloves (don't peel the skin)
- Ginger 2 inch
- Dry red chillies 8-10
- Salt 1 tsp
- Soy sauce 2 tsp
- Sesame oil 2 tbsp
- Pepper powder (or crushed pepper) 1 tsp
- Chopped green onions- to garnish
Steps to make Spicy Garlic Tofu in 10 minutes
- Place the chillies, ginger, sesame seeds, salt and garlic (with skin) in a blender and pulse it 3-4 times. It should not be a smooth paste but a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in pan in a medium to low heat, add in the spice mix and fry for 30 seconds, then add in the soy sauce, pepper powder and tofu cubes.
- Toss it well so that the spices and soy sauce coat the tofu well. Fry it for 2 minutes or so till the tofu turns slightly golden and crispy on the outside.
- Garnish with chopped green onions or sesame seeds and serve.