Soupy Chicken Curry ~ Oil Free
- Chicken - 1/2 kg
- Onion - 1 (diced)
- Garlic cloves - 5
- Ginger - 1 Inch (crushed)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Potato - 1 (Medium sized cut in thick wedges)
- Tomatoes - 2 (wedges)
- Red Chillies - 3 to 4
- Salt to taste
- Water - 1 Liter + 1 cup
- Spring Onion Green to garnish
- Put the water in a cooking pot, add the onions and ginger, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the chicken pieces, tomatoes and potato wedges, turmeric powder and salt.
- Stir to give it a good mix and cook covered on medium heat for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Add the fresh garlic paste and cook uncovered until the chicken is completely cooked, and tender to your liking.
- Garnish it with the spring onion greens, and your soupy chicken curry is ready.
My Tip: Tastes best with country chicken.