- Whole chicken legs(skinless) - 10
- red chilli paste - 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- 1.5 cups - pomegranate juice (boiled & reduced to 1/2 cup)
- hung curd - 1 cup
- Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Tandoori masala powder - 2 heaped tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Red food Colour : few drops(optional)
- Melted butter - 1/4 cup
- Wash and pat dry the chicken to remove all the water
- Make 3-4 parallel slant evenly spaced cuts on each side
- Mix the pomegranate molasses, chilli paste, salt to taste and lemon juice.
- Pour this over the chicken and rub it in thoroughly. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the curd, ginger garlic paste, colour, tandoori masala and the melted butter.
- Take out the chicken pieces from the first marinade and mix in the second. Cover and leave in the fridge for 4-6 hours. Overnight is the best option.
- Grill on a medium hot grill for about 30 minutes till well browned. Turning once midway and baste with the melted butter twice.
- Let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Serve hot with a mint cucumber yoghurt tip and roti of your Choice.
My Tip: Use fresh juice, garlic and ginger instead of the packaged ones, if you can.. Makes a difference