How To Make Masala Soya Chaap
Soya chaap is full of protein. It's delicious & healthy. A vegetarians Delight.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time60mins
Key ingredients for Masala Soya Chaap
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Masala Soya Chaap
- 7-8 Soya chaap
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon green chili paste
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon oil for marination
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup grated tomatoes
- 3/4 cup grated onions
- 2 Inch grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 black cardamom
- 1/2 tablespoon Degi Mirch (Optional)
- 1/4 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon amchoor
Steps to make Masala Soya Chaap
- For marination: Add curd, ginger garlic paste, chilly paste, chilli powder and salt and mix them together. Mark cuts using a knife on Soya Chaap sticks.
- Now add soya chaap into the marination mixture. Pour a teaspoon of oil in it and keep aside for 1-2 hours ( you can keep marinated chaap in fridge also)
- For gravy heat oil in a pan add black cardamom and cumin seeds and let cook.
- Now add garlic and ginger. After a few minutes add chopped onion and mix well.
- When onion turns golden brown in color, add tomato and green chilli paste. Mix well. Cook for about a minute on high flame and then add spices. Add red chilli powder, (add deghi mirchi at this stage) mango powder and coriander powder.
- Let cook on high flame until oil separates. Add salt and garam masala. Mix well and let it cook.
- Gravy is almost ready. It needs a bit of steamed cooking with the Soya Chaap. Now add chaaps with the marination mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Soya chaap is ready. You can serve them with naan, paranthas or just with onions & mint chutney.
My Tip: To make more tangy & spicy you can also add Mango pickle masala