How To Make Kanda papeta par eedu
Parsis love eggs, which is why this is a great dish to have as an accompaniment or as a main, any time of the day
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Kanda papeta par eedu
- oil 3 tbsp
- onions 2 sliced lengthwise
- ginger-garlic paste 1 1/2 tsp
- potatoes 4 cut into wedges and then sliced thinly
- green chillies 5 chopped
- salt to taste
- turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- eggs 8
- coriander 4 tbsp chopped
- fried onions 2 tbsp
Steps to make Kanda papeta par eedu
- In a large flat-bottomed pan, heat oil and fry onions till light brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add sliced potatoes, green chillies, salt and turmeric powder. Cover with a lid and cook on very low flame for about 15 minutes. To prevent it from burning at the bottom, sprinkle a little water and put the pan on a thick tawa/ griddle.
- Once cooked, stir in the fresh coriander and flatten the potatoes. Make slight depressions a few inches away from each other and break an egg into each.
- Cover with the lid and cook on a low flame for another 5-7 minutes or till the eggs are steamed.