Tairi | How to make Tairi
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
About Tairi Recipe
A Sindhi traditional dish that is often served as Prasad.
Tairi, a deliciously finger licking recipe to treat your family and friends. This recipe of Tairi by Anju Bhagnari will definitely help you in its preparation. The Tairi can be prepared within 15 minutes. The time taken for cooking Tairi is 40 minutes. With such flavoursome ingredients, the dish tastes superb! This recipe is appropriate to serve 6 people. The recipe details out how to make Tairi step by step. The detailed explanation makes Tairi so simple and easy that even beginners can try it out. The recipe for Tairi can be tweaked in a lot of ways to make it more interesting. So, the next time you have a party at home do not forget to check out the recipe of Tairi from BetterButter.
Ingredients to make Tairi
- 300 gm Long Basmati rice, washed and soaked for 1 hour
- 150 gm grated jaggery ( Can increase/ decrease as per personal preference )
- 75 gm sugar
- 750-800 ml water
- 15-20 saffron strands
- 3-4 tablespoon pure ghee
- Salt to taste ( I have put in only 2 pinches )
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 10-12 Black currants
- 10-12 Almonds
- 10-12 cashewnuts
- 10 thin cut pieces of dry coconut ( Dungi )
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoon sugar for giving caramelization effect ( Optional )
How to make Tairi
My Tip:The sugar added in the last step caramalizes and gives out a crunchy bite.