How to make Ghee
How to make Idli/Dosa Batter
- 100 gm - maize flour/makki atta
- 200 gm - curd
- 2 tbsp - vegetable oil
- Handful fresh green - coriander chopped
- 10 to 12 - curry leaves
- tsp - mustard seeds
- 1 tsp - chana dal
- 1 tsp - urad dal
- 1-inch ginger grated
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp - fruit salt (eno)
- 100 grams - grated vegetables (mentioned below)
- (bottle gourd carrots peas sweetcorn & coconut)
- 50 gm - boneless chicken breast finely diced & boiled
- Ghee for greasing moulds
- Heat oil in a pan and temper mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal. Once they splutter, add curry leaves, ginger and maize flour. Stir and roast, till it gives a nutty aroma. Transfer it in a bowl. Once cooled, add whisked curd & salt.
- Add chopped coriander and mix well. Stir in all the processed vegetables, diced chicken and add 60 ml water. Adjust the consistency and check for seasoning. Keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Prepare an idli steamer or a pressure cooker. Grease the idli moulds with ghee and set aside. Stir the idli batter and add fruit salt. Mix well and pour into each greased mould.
- Place in the steamer and allow to cook for 10-12 minutes. Remove and let it cool till it reaches room temperature. De-mould and pack with your favourite chutney.