How To Make Gosht Shikampuri Kebab
Tender mince of mutton that just melts in the mouth and spices that will make you drool, this is a very delectable kebab
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time51 /4Hours
Key ingredients for Gosht Shikampuri Kebab
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Gosht Shikampuri Kebab
- Onions – 2 finely sliced
- Ghee for frying
- Peppercorns – 4
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Minced Mutton – 250 gms
- Sesame Seeds – 1 tsp
- Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp
- Chironji – 1 tsp
- Chana Dal – 1 tblsp
- Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green Cardamoms – 2 peeled
- Brown Cardamoms – 2 peeled
- Dry Coconut (Kopra) – 1 inch piece
- Almonds – 6 peeled
- Garlic – 1/2 tsp ground
- Ginger – 1/2 tsp ground
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Salt as per taste
- Egg – 1 (optional)
- For the Stuffing:
- Whites of 2 Hard-boiled Eggs – chopped
- Onion – 1 fnely sliced
- Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch chopped
- Mint Leaves – few chopped
- Green Chillies – 4 chopped
- For Garnish:
- Onion – 1 cut into rings
- Mint Leaves – 3 sprigs
- Limes – 2 cut into slices
Steps to make Gosht Shikampuri Kebab
- Heat ghee in a pan over moderate flame. Add onions and fry. Remove and grind.
- Add the mince mutton to the same pan/ghee and fry lightly. Dry roast each of the whole seeds and spices separately. Mix them with the dal and mince mutton in a pan.
- Add all the other ingredients except the egg. Add 2 cups of water and simmer on low flame for 25 to 30 minutes till soft.
- Once the water has completely dried up, grind the mixture to a very smooth paste. Dry if it is too moist.
- For the stuffing, soak the onions in juice of 1 lime for 5 minutes and then squeeze out all the juice. Mix all the stuffing ingredients.
- Make flat cutlet shaped kebabs and fill with a mixture of the stuffing. If the kebab breaks, add 1 egg to the mixture and shape it again.
- Turn gently to avoid breaking, add 1 tblsp ghee and fry the other side brown. Do not deep fry these kebabs.
- Garnish with onion rings, mint sprigs and lemon slices.