How To Make Poha with Mung Sprouts
A nutritious, low calorie, power packed breakfast which helps you to be active the whole day.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Poha with Mung Sprouts
- 1 cup poha or flattened rice
- 1/2 cup sprouted green Mung sprouts, steamed
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 big onion chopped
- 5 - 6 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp refined oil
Steps to make Poha with Mung Sprouts
- Wash the poha in a strainer, drain the water, add lime juice and salt, mix and keep it aside.
- In a wok heat the oil and add the peanuts, fry them on a low flame till they start crackling.
- Add the curry leaves and mustard seeds and let them splutter and add the chopped onions.
- Fry the chopped onions till transparent and add the steamed green mong sprouts with turmeric powder, fry for 1 minute.
- Finally add the drained poha, incorporate with the rest of the ingredients till the poha mixes properly with the turmeric taking care not to break the poha.
- Fry for a minute or two, turn off the flame and cover the poha for two minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
My Tip: Don't steam the mung for a longer time otherwise they lose their crunch.