Bruschetta with red pesto
How to make Pesto
- 1 loaf of french bread (With any added flavour or even plain)
- For the pesto:
- Garlic cloves - 6
- Freshly ground black pepper as per taste
- A handfuls of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts and walnuts mix (2:1)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil as necessary
- Lemon - 1 (Optional)
- Tomatoes - 1 large
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Cut medium thin slices of the french bread.
- In a food processor, pulse all the ingredients to get a thick paste. (Do not add the lemon)
- Adjust the seasoning before spreading it on the bread and slightly toast in the oven.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and add fresh coriander before serving
My Tip: Add in a few leaves of spinach to make it more healthy.