Creamy Saffron Risotto
Homemade Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Arborio or any other short grain Italian rice
- 2 Small Onions, very finely chopped
- 6 cups Chicken stock
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Dry white Wine(optional)
- Generous pinch of Saffron
- 100gms Unsalted Butter
- Salt and fresh Black pepper to season
- Heat butter gently in a large heavy bottom pan.
- Meanwhile let the Chicken stock come to a boil in a separate pan, add in the saffron and keep hot over low heat.
- Add in the onions to the butter and saute till pink.
- Stir in the rice, add in the wine(if using) as well as half of the hot Chicken stock. Let the rice simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Cook till all the stock is absorbed.
- Now slowly add the rest of the stock, a quarter cup at a time and keep stirring till creamy.
- Add in the Cheese, taste and adjust salt, add in black pepper, give one last stir and serve hot.