How To Make Fresh Thai Noodle Soup
Fresh Thai Noodle Bowl is one of those comfort dishes that seem to make everything more pleasant. An easy one pot dish with a Thai flavored light broth, packed with veggies, noodles and sesame crusted tofu, this will make sure you feel satiated without any guilt.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time20mins
Key ingredients for Fresh Thai Noodle Soup
Homemade Vegetable Stock
Ingredients to make Fresh Thai Noodle Soup
- 1 pack rice vermicelli noodles
- Homemade vegetable stock 3 cups ( you can use stock cubes, but I prefer making my own stock)
- Thai red (non veg) /yellow curry paste (pure veg) - 1 tbsp
- 2½ tablespoons dark soy sauce
- Rice vinegar - 1 tbsp
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Tofu- around 6 cubes per bowl.
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Babycorn - 10 (grilled), par-boiled
- 1 small English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh mixed herbs (such as basil,chives mint, and cilantro)
- Alfalfa sprouts - handful for garnish (optional)
- 6 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Yellow and Red dragon chillie deseeded and chopped for garnish.
- lemon wedges of 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- vegetable oil- 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds - as much as needed for coating tofu
- Salt, pepper as per taste
Steps to make Fresh Thai Noodle Soup
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Rub some chili oil on the tofu cubes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, salt, pepper.Heat a grilling pan. Throw the tofu on it and grill for 2-3 minutes per side. Do the same with par-boiled baby corn.
- Finish chopping up all the veggies as listed in the ingredient section. Keep aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the Thai curry paste and cook for 3-4 mins till the raw smell leaves,
- Add stock ,vinegar and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Simmer 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper as needed. Remember soya sauce has a lot of salt. Alternatively, try to use low sodium soya sauce if you can for a much healthier version.
- Place carrots, bell pepper, and cucumber in a bowl; Divide noodles evenly among 4 serving bowls; top each serving with one-fourth of vegetable mixture. Add about 2-3 baby corn to each bowl and 6 tofu pieces.
- Pour about 3/4 cup warm stock mixture into each bowl.
- Sprinkle evenly with herbs, alfalfa sprouts and peanuts; drizzle chili oil over top. Serve!