Mushroom Bruschetta with fire roasted Red bell pepper
Mushroom bruschetta is a simple and elegant party starter, that is easy to put together and will have all your guests “oohing” and “aahing”. Robust wine, earthy mushrooms, fresh herbs and fire roasted red bell peppers spread over a crostini with some basic cream cheese. One word – Perfection!!!!
- Prep Time0Minutes
- Cooking Time15Minutes
- 2 cups Assorted mushrooms, cleaned and cut into thin slices (I used button)
- Fire roasted Red bell pepper - ½
- 2 tsp Dried thyme
- ¼ cup Red wine (I used Cabarnet)
- 2 tbsp Garlic and Herb butter
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- Olive oil, for drizzling Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic salt, for finishing (optional)
- Cream cheese - as desired , needed to spread on the bread.
- Fresh parsley, leaves removed and chopped for garnish
- French or ciabatta bread, sliced and cut in half, grilled
- Begin by dipping a wad of tissues in oil and rubbing it all over the red bell pepper. Roast it on an open flame for 5 mins, turning over to ensure it gets charred evenly. Set aside for 5 mins to sweat. then peel off the charred skin.
- Chop up the pepper into bits or thin long slices ,as desired. Set aside.
- While the pepper is roasting , start off with cleaning and thoroughly drying the mushrooms. Slice them thin.
- In a skillet heat up the butter,then add the garlic and saute for 30 secs till fragrant. Don't let it burn.
- Add mushrooms, wine, thyme and olive oil and leave it on high for 5 mins or till the alcohol smell has reduced. After that, let it simmer on a medium -low flame for 10 mins, tossing occasionally until the mushrooms begin to break down.
- Upto this point you can do everything ahead of time.
- When ready to serve, spread cream cheese over the grilled bread, add heaping spoon of mushroom , add a few slices of red bell pepper, top with fresh parsley and garlic salt.
- his recipe is can be easily multiplied for more servings. Enjoy while hot!!