Eggless Whole Wheat Flour Cake
- 160 grams whole wheat flour
- 90 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 400 grams condensed milk
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of water
- Grease and dust your cake tin with some butter and flour.
- In a bowl, whisk together butter, condensed milk and vanilla essence.
- Combine baking powder and whole wheat flour in another bowl.
- To a 5 liter pressure cooker (or bigger) add 1-2 cups salt. Place a wire rack or a perforated plate over it. Heat the cooker on medium flame. Keep the lid on it but remove the whistle.
- Add 1/2 the flour and some water. Mix gently. Add the remaining flour and water and make a smooth and thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and keep this tin in the hot cooker carefully. Keep flame on medium for first 2-3 minutes then switch it to low and bake for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes check by inserting a knife. If it comes out clean then your cake is done.
- Serve with a little chocolate syrup poured on top of cake pieces. Served best when warm!
My Tip: ensure that the cake tin is not in direct;contact with the sides of the cooker.