Ingredients to make Eggless Jeera Biscuits
- 1+1/4 cup Refined flour/maida
- 1/4 cup Sugar /Chini
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter/makkhan
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds/ sabut jeera
- 3/4 tsp Salt /namak
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tbsp approx Milk /doodh
Steps to make Eggless Jeera Biscuits
- Grind the sugar to make a fine powder. Sieve the refined flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 150°C. Take a big bowl, add in soft butter (at room temp) and sugar, mix it well to make a smooth cream.
- Add the roasted cumin and the flour mixture in the butter and mix properly. Pour some milk into the mixture and knead into a dough.
- Now make a ball from the dough (I made 3 balls). Put a butter paper or polythene sheet on a flat surface. Roll out to make a smooth medium thick chapati.
- Cut into round or any desired shape. Spread butter paper in the baking sheet and arrange biscuits over it. Keep the tray in the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, large gas oven may take some extra time, so do keep a watch after 12 minutes as each oven has a different setting.
- When the biscuits become light golden in colour, remove them from the oven. Let the biscuits cool down completely. Store in an airtight jar.