How To Make KAHWA ~ Kashmiri Green Saffron Tea!
Kashmiri Kahwa is basically green tea spiced up with various delectable spices such as cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, and saffron. It is an integral part of Kashmiri cuisine and also of several neighboring areas. Kahwa drinkers say that it has an aroma that cannot be compared to any other drink. Sometimes, first timers may not like the flavor, but it is said that like some of the best things in the world, Kahwa is an acquired taste for some. However, whether you decide for a long-term relationship with Kahwa or just want to take your time to decide whether it is your kind of drink, there is no denying the fact that it comes packed with so many health benefits that you would want to drink it everyday.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make KAHWA ~ Kashmiri Green Saffron Tea!
- Green Tea - 4 tbsp
- Saffron / Kesar - 4 pinches
- Cardamom - 2 crushed
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Cloves - 2
- Honey/Sugar (whichever your health prefers, i used honey ) - 2 tbsp
- Almonds - 4-5
- Water - 3 cups
Steps to make KAHWA ~ Kashmiri Green Saffron Tea!
- Boil three cups of water in a pan.
- Once the water starts boiling add cinnamon, cardamom and cloves, add tea after 2 minutes and then boil the mix for about 10 minutes on low flame.
- Meanwhile dissolve saffron with little water in a separate bowl.
- Now strain the tea in a big bowl or a pitcher and add saffron water with almonds crushed/ sliced for a royal taste.
- Add honey as per your taste and stir lightly till it get mixed properly.
- Serve hot for better taste !!!