Barith Marchavangun/Kashmiri Stuffed Chillies
I cooked this Kashmiri stuffed chillies from a cookbook I bought during my trip to India, this dish falls under Pandit cuisine of Kashmir. Traditionally Pandit cuisine is not difficult to cook. Foods plays an important role in their rituals, and the most important festival celebrated by the Pandits is Herat or Shivratri.
- Prep Time20Minutes
- Cooking Time15Minutes
- 15 Green chillies
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Oil for shallow frying
- To Grind:
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate seed powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch Asafoetida powder
- Salt as per taste
- Water (as per need)
- Grind all the ingredients given under the list - to grind as a fine paste. Wash the chillies, make a small slit in each. Deseed the chillies and soak them in vinegar for an hour.
- Drain the chillies, arrange them in a plate. Fill the chillies with a teaspoon of grounded paste, do not overstuff and gently press the slits to close.
- Heat oil for shallow frying in a pan. Shallow fry the stuffed chilies over low flame until they gets cooked. Serve as side dish.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.