How to make Garam Masala
- Chicken- 8-10 pcs
- For the marinade- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
- Fresh ground black pepper-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala- 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Freshly squeezed juice of 2 lemons
- Salt to taste
- for the coating-2 eggs
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash chicken well under running water and pat dry. Take a large bowl and add Ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, red chilli powder, garam masala, washed chicken pieces as well as salt and pepper to it. Mix well to coat the chicken pieces in the marinade completely.
- Cover and leave for at least half an hour or overnight for best results.
- When you are ready to serve the farchas, then take out bowl and give it a thorough mix.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a heavy bottom pan at medium heat.
- Crack open the eggs in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper, whisk and reserve.
- Spread out breadcrumbs on a large plate.
- Check if oil is medium hot, then roll each chicken piece in the breadcrumbs to coat well.
- Dip the chicken in the whisked eggs and drop into the oil.
- Ensure that the oil is not too hot, as we want the chicken to cook from inside as well.
- Cook till chicken is golden on each side.
- Drain the chicken pieces well on absorbent paper towels, to remove all the excess oil.
- Serve the chicken farchas hot with your favourite dipping sauce, some fries and extra lemon wedges or on a bed of freshly boiled rice for a complete meal.
My Tip: you can add some fresh coriander leaves and green chillies to the marinade if desired.