Parsi style sweet vermicelli(Seviyan)
How to make Ghee
- Sugar-3/4 cup
- Ghee-1/2 cup
- Almonds-1/4 cup(soak peel and slivered)
- Raisins-1/4 cup
- Green cardamoms-2-3(crushed)
- Nutmeg powder-a pinch
- Water-1 cup
- Heat one cup water and add sugar to it, let simmer till little thick and syrupy.Turn off flame and reserve.
- Break vermicelli into 2 inch pieces. Heat the ghee on a low flame and roast the broken vermicelli till golden.
- Drain the vermicelli and transfer to a bowl.
- In the same ghee, gently roast the slivered almonds till light golden, drain and keep aside.
- Now fry the raisins till lightly coloured, drain and keep aside.
- Pour off any remaining ghee from pan (can be used for any other dish).
- Return pan to heat and add in the vermicelli, sugar syrup, cardamom, nutmeg. Cook till vermicelli is tender and sugar syrup is completely absorbed.
- Serve garnished with the fried almonds and raisins.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.