- 2 cups of Puttu Flour
- 1/2 cup of Lukewarm Water
- 1/2 cup of Coconut grated
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- Mix puttu flour and salt together in a bowl. Add water a little at a time and mix well with your fingertips.
- Check for a crumbly, moist flour consistency. When pressed between your fist, it should hold its shape but crumble easily when pressed harder
- Use a puttu maker for best result. Add about 1-2 tbsp greated coconut to the bottom of the mould.
- Add the puttu flour until the mould is filled halfway.
- Add another layer of coconut and the rest with the flour.Steam for 8-10 mins
- When cooked, using the end of a spatula,unmould by pressing through the mould gently.
- Let it cool and then serve with curry.