ORIENTAL RICE PAPER ROLLS WITH SHRIMP AND VEGETABLE SALAD FILLING
This is an Oriental smack made with a slight differemce in the tempering ingredients in countries like China, Thailand, Vietnam and Korea. The rice paper and the sauces are easily available in all the Chinese or Japanese stores.The rolling of these rolls is a bit difficult but can be mastered by making them a few times.
- Prep Time30Minutes
- Cooking Time2Minutes
- Rice papers ... as needed
- Shrimps ...... 1/2 cup
- Ice berg lettuce ... 1/2 cup (break into small pieces)
- Red capsicum ... sliced into thin strips (handful)
- Green capsicum .... sliced into thin strips (handful)
- Carrot .............. fine juliennes .. (handful)
- Radish / mooli .. fine juliennes (handful)
- Mint leaves ..... few (chopped)
- Coriander leaves .. 2 tablespoons (chopped)
- Green or red chillies ... 1 teaspoon (finely chopped ) - optional
- Lemon juice or vinegar... 1 teaspoon
- Fish sauce ... 1 teaspoon
- Salt ... add a pinch or two if needed as the fish sauce is salty
- Sesame oil ... 1 tablespoon
- (Dipping Sauce Ingredients)
- Lime juice ... 1/4 cup
- Sugar or honey ..... 2 tablespoons
- Fish Sauce .. 3 teaspoons
- Soy Sauce ... 1 tablespoon
- Rice vinegar .. 1 tablespoon
- Coriander ...... 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- Garlic ..... 1 teaspoon (crushed)
- Green or red chilli ... 1 (finely chopped )
- Clean the shrimps and saute them for 2 minutes in a pan using sesame oil preferably. Cool and set aside. Do not overcook them as they have to remain crunchy.
- Cut all the mentioned vegetables into thin juliennes ..like matchsticks. Break the lettuce into small pieces.
- Mix the vegetables and shrimps together and add the tempering of fish sauce and lime juice. I skipped the salt.
- Take warm water in a flat dish and dip the rice paper for a few seconds turning the side carefully.
- Place it on a clean kitchen towel and place the filling in the middle. Roll it like a spring roll.
- Repeat the same with all the rolls one by one.
- Cut the rolls or serve them whole with the dipping sauce.
- To make the dipping sauce mix all the ingredients together with a small whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.