How To Make Pinni
A very famous Punjabi sweet made during every festival that consists of wheat flour, dry fruits and mumma's love.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time45mins
Ingredients to make Pinni
- 700 gm wheat flour
- 250 gm rawa/ semolina
- 500 gm clarified butter (deshi ghee)
- 100 gm makhane
Steps to make Pinni
- Take a spacious big plate. Keep it aside.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, add in the clarified butter. Let it heat and add the makhane, roast and cook till it becomes crispy. Then grind the makhane and spread the makhane into the spacious plate. This is the first layer.
- Now in the same clarified butter, add in the wheat flour and roast till it becomes brown in colour and a good aroma develops.
- Spread the second layer of roasted flour onto the plate, the third layer is crushed dry fruits. The fourth layer is powdered sugar.
- In the same pan, add some more ghee and roast the rawa till it is brown in colour. Spread this on top of all the layers, now mix it well together with your hands or a ladle.
- Make round pinni shapes with your hands. Serve instantly.
My Tip: If you feel there is more ghee in the mixture and the pinni is not taking a shape, add some dry fruits powder.