There are variety of delicious paneer dishes that you come across in restaurant's menu card,mainly in North Indian Restaurent.Paneer Peshewari is one of them.It is a creamy,rich paneer dish cooked in Peshawari style . Peshawar,a state in Pakistan is popular for its exotic,creamy and spicy foods.
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time20Minutes
How to make Garam Masala
How to make Ghee
- Onions-2(cut into halves)
- Paneer-250 grams
- Ginger Garlic Paste-1 teaspoon
- Green chilli paste-of 2 chilies
- Red chillies-2
- Coriander seeds -1 tablespoons
- Fresh Cream-2 tablespoon(forcooking)1teaspoon(for garnishing)
- Cashew paste-2 tablespoons(soaked 6-8 cashew nuts into warm water and then make a fine paste adding little bit water)
- Green Cardamom-2
- Bay leaf -1
- Cinnamon stick -1inch
- Kasoori methi -1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder-1 teaspoon
- Curd-2 tablespoons(beaten with 1 teaspoon water)
- Green capsicum or bell pepper-1( cutintothinsliced)
- Ghee or clarified butter- 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Sugar-1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves-1/4 cup
- Add 1 / 2 cup water in a heat proof bowl, bring it to boil, when the water will start boiling add halved cut onions, cook for 5 minutes on medium flame. Switch off the gas. Remove onions from heat, strain the water and grind the boiled onions to make a fine paste.
- Dry roast coriander seeds and red chilli and grind to make a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaf, green cardamom and cinnamon stick.
- Add onions paste, fry till onions are soft and light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chilies paste and cook until the raw smell of masala goes away.
- Add dry roasted coriander powder and red chillies powder. Cook until oil gets separated.
- Now add sliced green capsicum or bell peppers.
- Add salt and sugar. Add 1/2 cup of water and bring it to boil on high flame. When water will start boiling,reduce the gas on medium. Cover with lid, cook for 3-4 minutes until gravy be semi thickened.
- Open the lid, add paneer cubes,mix well with gravy
- Add cashew paste, cream and the kasuri methi, garam masala powder and 1 teaspoon ghee. Cover with lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the heat, transfer into a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, 1 tablespoon cream and sliced almonds or badam flakes.
My Tip: If you want to make it red gravy,just add 1 chopped tomatoe and 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.