1. First wash and soak rice in sufficient water for 30 mins before cooking. Meanwhile soak saffron in 2 tbsp milk in a small bowl and keep in fridge.
2. Heat ghee in a wok and fry onion slices to golden and crisp. Keep aside. In the same ghee add raisins, almonds and cashews and keep aside.
3. Heat double water in double quantity of rice in a big broad vessel. Add lemon juice, salt and whole spices into it. Once the water starts boiling add the soaked rice and allow it to cook. This may take 5-6 mins.
4. Drain the water and strain the rice through a rice strainer. Transfer the rice to a broad base tray and spread saffron milk all over it. Mix gently. Now add the fried dry fruits, kewda water and cover it with an aluminium foil for few minutes.
5. Add pomegranate seeds and fried onions generously before serving.
Serve Hot either with your favorite curry or just with some flavored raita.