Eggless lemon curd | How to make Eggless lemon curd
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
About Eggless lemon curd Recipe
Lemon (or lime curd) is a great versatile filling for cakes , tarts , bars etc and is lovely on top of pancakes and crepes . This eggless version (adapted from Elizabeth Faulkner) has condensed milk instead of eggs or yolks. It is sweet and tart, lemony , buttery and luscious. You will want to eat it by the spoonful!
Ingredients to make Eggless lemon curd
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime zest , from 1 or 2 limes / (I have used Indian lemon or nimbu)
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 150 grams or 3/4 cups granulated
- 180 ml or 3/4 cups lemon juice (5-6 )
- 112 grams or 1/2 cups unsalted
- 2 tablespoons corn
- 2 tablespoons
How to make Eggless lemon curd
My Tip:This can be refrigerated for about 10 days. If you want , you can strain the curd when you get it off the heat (before mixing in the condensed milk) . This lemon curd is full of flavour. Increase the sugar by 1/4 cup if you want a sweeter curd. Or adjust the amount of lemon juice and zest. You can use oranges or any other citrus fruit instead.