How To Make Bajra Pakodas
Our usual weekend supermarket trip never ends without getting some type of millet home. This time around my eyes fell on Bajra flour, something that I have never attempted in my kitchen until I made these yummy, mouth watering pakodas. My next adventure would be to try and bake something with them until then enjoy the simple pakodas.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Bajra Pakodas
- 1 cup Bajra Flour
- 2-3 tbsp Whole Wheat flour or Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp milk/yogurt
- 2 Green chillies + 1 Garlic Clove + 1/2 inch Ginger - crushed or minced into very thin pieces
- 2-3 tbsp coriander leaves chopped finely
- Indian Spices - 1/2 tsp each (turmeric powder + coriander powder + red chilli powder + cumin powder)
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt as per taste
- Water to knead the dough
- Oil for Deep frying
Steps to make Bajra Pakodas
- In a bowl, combine together Bajra Flour and Whole Wheat/Rice Flour.
- To this add in the green chilli, garlic cloves and ginger.
- Add coriander leaves, spice powders and salt. Combine everything together.
- Add the oil, yogurt/milk to the mixture.
- Give it a knead till it looks like bread crumbs.
- Knead with enough amount of water.
- Keep it covered for 5-10 minutes.
- In a wok, heat up the required amount of oil for deep frying.
- Take lemon sized balls and press them between your palms and slide them into the oil. Turn them around for even cooking.
- Enjoy them hot with evening tea.