Amaranth, Walnut and Rocket Salad
- For the Jaggery dressing:
- Jaggery melted 5 ml
- Grain mustard 10 ml
- Refined oil 20 ml
- Tamarind pulp 10 ml
- Green chilly 1/2
- Lemon juice 2 ml
- Salt to taste
- For the salad:
- Amaranth puffs 5 gms
- Roasted red and yellow peppers 50 gms
- Arugula 70 gms
- Pumpkin seeds 3 gms
- Tamarind dresssing 30 ml
- Rocket leaves 80 gms
- Toasted walnuts whole 8 pieces
- Make the dressing first. Whisk together the jaggery, mustard, tamarind, lemon juice and green chilly.
- Pour the oil slowly while whisking to create an emulsion. Refrigerate.
- Toss the roasted peppers, rocket leaves and toasted walnuts in the dressing.
- Garnish with the amaranth puffs and pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.