How To Make Healthy Moong Dal soup for babies(8 months+)
This satiating soup is loaded with vitamin A from carrots and protein from moong dal, which team up to improve your child's vision.
- Prep Time30mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Healthy Moong Dal soup for babies(8 months+)
- 1/4 cup Moong dal(soak for 30 mins)
- 1/4 tsp Freshly grated Ginger
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp zeera
- 1-2 cups of Water
- 1/4 cup Chopped vegetables(carrot/lauki)
- a pinch of pepper powder
- a pinch of ajwain
- salt as needed
- a pinch of turmeric
Steps to make Healthy Moong Dal soup for babies(8 months+)
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add cumin and let it pop.
- Add ginger and saute lightly.
- Add washed and soaked dal.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the finely chopped vegetables and saute.
- Add in the water, ajwain, turmeric and salt and close the lid, cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Let pressure drop on its own.
- Mash down the dal and veggies well, adjust the amount of water and serve in a bowl.
- Soup should be watery for small babies, can be thicker for older ones.
My Tip: Always soak dals before giving to babies, to avoid colic. Do not give any dal if baby has fever or is unwell. Do consult your Doctor before introducing any new food to your baby.