Ingredients to make Beef Liver & Galangal Leaves Chutney
- 150 gms - Precooked Beef Liver
- 12 ( or more) - Green Chillies roasted over medium flame
- 4-5 - Medium sized Khotam (Ngari/Fermented Dried Fish)
- 5-6 - Garlic Pods
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 - Stalks of Galangal Leaves
- Onion rings for garnish
Steps to make Beef Liver & Galangal Leaves Chutney
- Pressure cook the beef liver for 5 - 10 minutes till it's cooked and soft. After it is cooled, chop it up into small pieces and keep aside.
- Roast the Chillies and Ngaris over medium heat. Peel off the transparent skin off the chillies, and add the chillies, ngaris, salt, and garlic pods into a wooden mortal and pistal, pound it up till it is nicely mashed.
- Once the green chillies chutney is done, add the chopped beef liver and the galangal leaves into the chutney and mix until well combined.
- Garnish with onion ringlets
My Tip: Add a tablespoon of the remaining juice from pressure cooking the liver to the chutney mix to add more meaty flavor and creaminess to the chutney.