How To Make Burritos with Chickpeas and Brown Rice
This delicious burritos are packed with couple of colored cabbages, chickpeas and leftover brown rice with an Italian flavor. Easy to prepare and also very filling.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Burritos with Chickpeas and Brown Rice
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice, cooked
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 2 Big Tomatoes, Finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 Cup Purple Cabbage, Finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup White Cabbage, Finely chopped
- 1 Cup Chickpeas, cooked
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 - 7 Wheat flour Rotis ( approx 20 cm ), cooked
- 3 Tbsp Spring Onion leaves, Finely chopped
Steps to make Burritos with Chickpeas and Brown Rice
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion.
- Saute for a minute in a medium flame and add the chopped cabbages ( Purple and White ).
- Saute it for couple of minutes and add the chopped tomatoes along with the required amount of salt.
- Meanwhile, coarsely mash the chickpeas and keep aside.
- When the cabbages are almost cooked, add the mashed chickpeas along with cooked brown rice and oregano.
- Mix well and add the finely chopped spring onion leaves.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Wrap the rotis in a aluminum foil and place them on a plate.
- Stand the plate over boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Alternatively, place the rotis in microwave for a minute. ( This helps to soften the roti and wrap it easily ).
- Take one roti, spoon in the filling into the center of the roti and fold both the sides.
- Fold the bottom up and the top down to form a parcel.
- Place the filled burrito in a casserole , cover it with foil and keep warm till you serve.
- Serve warm with Tomato sauce or any dip.