Burritos with Chickpeas and Brown Rice
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice, cooked
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 2 Big Tomatoes, Finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 Cup Purple Cabbage, Finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup White Cabbage, Finely chopped
- 1 Cup Chickpeas, cooked
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 - 7 Wheat flour Rotis ( approx 20 cm ), cooked
- 3 Tbsp Spring Onion leaves, Finely chopped
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion.
- Saute for a minute in a medium flame and add the chopped cabbages ( Purple and White ).
- Saute it for couple of minutes and add the chopped tomatoes along with the required amount of salt.
- Meanwhile, coarsely mash the chickpeas and keep aside.
- When the cabbages are almost cooked, add the mashed chickpeas along with cooked brown rice and oregano.
- Mix well and add the finely chopped spring onion leaves.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Wrap the rotis in a aluminum foil and place them on a plate.
- Stand the plate over boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Alternatively, place the rotis in microwave for a minute. ( This helps to soften the roti and wrap it easily ).
- Take one roti, spoon in the filling into the center of the roti and fold both the sides.
- Fold the bottom up and the top down to form a parcel.
- Place the filled burrito in a casserole , cover it with foil and keep warm till you serve.
- Serve warm with Tomato sauce or any dip.