Minestrone soup with orzotto
How To Make Pasta Dough
- 900 ml Vegetable broth
- 400 gms Kidney beans boiled and cooked
- 400 gms Tomatoes finely diced
- 100 gms Orzo pasta
- 1 Carrot finely chopped
- 1 Zucchini cut into round slices
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Celery stalk finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Handful of fresh basil finely chopped
- Few coriander leaves to garnish
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan/pot. Add in the carrot, onion, garlic, celery, saute and cook them for about 8-10 minutes.
- Then, put in the zucchini and continue to sauté for another 4-5 minutes.
- Next, add the beans, bay leaf, oregano, basil, thyme, vegetable broth and diced tomatoes together. Cover the pot halfway, let this mixture simmer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the orzo pasta according to the package instructions. Keep it aside.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, lower the flame and put in the grated cheese.
- After the cheese has melted, add in salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Take a serving bowl, pour in a scoop of the orzo pasta initially, then pour the soup on top. Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot.