How To Make Carrot cupcakes with frosting
This recipe is handed down to me by my Aunt who is a Brazilian. These cupcakes turned out very flavourful and moist.
- Prep Time30mins
- Cook Time60mins
Ingredients to make Carrot cupcakes with frosting
- 3 medium sized carrots
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- For the frosting:
- 600 ml whipping cream
- 6 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Steps to make Carrot cupcakes with frosting
- Clean and grate the carrots, combine with eggs and oil in a blender for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, sift and mix flour, powdered sugar and baking powder all together.
- Pour the wet mixture in to the dry ingredients mixture. Fold in with a spatula.
- Place in a greased and lined cupcake tin and bake for 45 minutes at 170 degree centigrade or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool, then transfer them on a wire rack to cool completely. Meanwhile beat the cream using an electric mixer until thickened.
- Make sure the bowl, cream and attachment of the mixer are all chilled. Add sugar and extract and beat until soft peak forms, fill in piping bags and decorate.
My Tip: 300 ml whipping cream : 3 tbsp icing sugar : 1 tsp vanilla extract is an ideal ratio for the whipped cream frosting.